Friday, March 02, 2007

Sick and Frustrated

It has been a long week with me being sick. Being a teacher and being sick is absoulty no fun. I hate it. I really really do. I want it to be Saturday night so I can go up to Portland and see Eric even if it is with his parents.

Frustrating, you ask. OMG! My kids were haywire today. They would not listen to me at all today. I think I finally got the message to them when I said they had a reputation of being bad in the hallways and in class is not helping my preception of them. And I definatly cannot defend them if they are being bad in class as well. I have to give them some credit, it was pajama day today, along with Friday and a really weird schedule but they need to learn to adapt and get with the program.

O well, one bad day wont change my mind about teaching. I love to teach, even if I only get good days once and a while.

I have already thought of ways I would change them if they were my class. Between practicing lining up to heads down and missing what they enjoy. It would also make a difference if they were my class from day one. That always makes a difference. Jumping from teacher to teacher is a big change for kids, although I dont see my expectations in the classroom are very much different from Andrea. I think they took advantage of me today but again, I wont let it get the best of me. I love to teach, I love to teach, I love to teach, I love to teach... just keep repeating that, right?

No comments: