Sunday, July 22, 2007

Poetry Night

Tonight is poetry night at camp. Poetry always makes me feel like writing. Now instead of writing in a journal, which I never felt comfortable, I write on this. At least with a blog I feel like there is some purpose, others readying my inner thoughts.



I love to write anything and everything down. I feel most comfortable when I have an outlet. Whether or not people read this, I really don't care. I only write what I want others to see. Which is totally fine.

As for poetry, I love to write it but I am not a fan of reading it. As with most literature, I always feel clueless. I try to get the concepts that people point out, and I try to read every word, but it seems there is always a distraction or a lack of confidence in myself that leads me to not understand. I have long wondered if I suffer from dislyxia, which my sister has, because I tend to mix up letters and number as well as have issues sounding out and spelling words. It is hard to be a college graduate and not be able to spell like one. I also feel like my writing should be better than it is and that I lack the skill. I am working slowing on my self confidence and camp really helps in that.

I do have to say, on the camp note, looking over my life in the past four years, since I was first introduced to the 8 keys of excellence, I see myself using them more and more. The eight keys are
~integerty
~failure leads to success
~this is it
~speak with good purpose
~commitment
~ownership
~flexability
~balance

These eight keys were researched by SuperCamp's founder and were the most common atributes to successful people. In looking at these keys, and my life as it is now, I believe the most important key for me is the key THIS IS IT. I see myself living by this key as I tyrpe. I am moving to NYC, I am loving the spot that I am in, and I am taking my relationship one day at a time (ERic and I are GREAT FYI).

Random side note, I told a team leader today about Eric and I and how we are not sure if he will be in NYC and she said "I'd tell him if he was serious that he HAD to move to NYC" but she said I was being very mature and it is amazing how I can want him to be happy more than need to be with him. I want him to be happy, I need him to be happy, other wise I cannot see us working out. I cant live with regret and neither can he. I will not move for him, because I need to be me, and so why should I tell him he needs to move for me?! Makes sense. she said. Gotta love being 22 right!?! (the TL is 22). Gotta love life. Time to head up to the dorms to sell more water and food before bed.

Love yall and I hope you enjoy reading my ramblings.


ps. leave some love so I know someone is reading!

No comments: