Saturday, July 21, 2007

Parent Talk

Tonight is the parent talk at camp. The parent talk is designed to help students realize what parents are going through and hopefully mend relationships. It is an intersting talk for kids and staff to go through. I know this was an emotional time for me last time I went through this.
I can see the emotions on some kids faces and it is amazing, how SueprCamp can change lives in ten days.

This piece makes me think about my own parents. I have so many issues with them. Although I lvoe them both, I feel like things could have gone way different in my life. I will not go into details because of time constraints, but times like this I think of the ... interesting times at home, and wonder... what it would have been to have parents who liked each other or at least talked.

I wonder what it would be like to have both parents on time to an event, to have all of my family at one event and not have to run interference. It would have been interesting, but it has shaped me into the person that I am today. For this I dont know if I am greatful or sad. But I have learned many lessons.

It will take me a long time to marry, for I dont want it to be the wrong person. It wil take me a long time to have kids, still worrying whether my partner is the right one and if I am going to mess up my kids. So many questions that I wanted answered when I was little that ring in my head. It should be intersting.

Right now I am focusing on NYC and moving. I still dont have a bus ticket, altough there is a bus that will take me to NYC straight from campus here which is nice.

Time to head back to session. Night yall...

No comments: