Tuesday, January 30, 2007

New York City here I come!

That's right folks. I am headed to New York City, the big apple. I interviewed and got a job in New York City Public Schools for next year. That means in Aug I will be headed to the big apple for my first teaching job.

The first question i have been getting is "Where in New York city?" I am not sure yet. I have passed the first round of screening for the district and been guaranteed a job but where I am not sure yet. I need to go visit the city and meet some principals before I can get a position in the district. This is to ensure that my teaching style matches with the principal, staff and school as well as me liking them.

But as it stands now the official move date will be varied. I will most likely be attending a wedding in Vegas on the 7th of July, going to camp in upstate New York on the 10th of July and then camp ends on the 6th of Aug and from there I plan to road trip to Niagara Falls and then down to the city. It looks like I will start officially putting together my classroom the last week of Aug. At some point I do need to fly to New York City to check out the school and stuffs, but not sure when that will be right now. Although a surprising note, dad said he would pay for the trip out there (since my Christmas present was gas money one way to NYC). So that will be less of a stress on my already stressed bank account.

Stressed. why you ask?!?! Apparently being an adult comes with bills. Between the car lock that has broken for a second time (two days after i got it fixed), the new air filter, oil change (paid for by mom), the windshield wipers that I got before heading to Seattle for the interview, and the money to buy bells in Seattle* expenses are killing my savings.

*For those of you who do not know, I collect bells of all shapes and sizes. Any trip that I take I must have a new bell. Most, not all, of my bells have their own stories to go along with them. After the three I got this weekend (one from Eric's mom from Hawaii) I know have 155. I think that is accurate but you never know when you get up that high.

So I am not to keen on the idea of becoming even more of an adult right now, especially on the day after realizing that the dream I have had for over two years now has actually come true. I'm headed to NYC... Watch out NYC here I come!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the job! I wish you all the best in NYC.