Monday, January 08, 2007

First Day

That's right... today was the first day of the rest of my life. Lets see...today I started a new job, not too bad in all, tonight I signed up for the interview in Seattle (for NYC) and tomorrow I officially start my student teaching.

So the job is significant because it is new and it is the job that will last me though student teaching, hopefully not there spring term as I want to return to Janice who I LOVE!!! the job is good although like I said I hope not to be there next term as it seems to be a job for more of the sophomore and junior crowd rather than grad students. But we shall see, maybe the young people around me will help me to relax on weekends.

Tonight I officially signed up for the Seattle interview. Hopefully I get one and if I do I need to do is to get a letter from the school saying I will be certified this summer. Then I head to Seattle in three weeks and FREAK OUT because I am interviewing for my first real job. OMG!!! The rest of my life seems to hinge on this interview...is that bad?

And last but not least, student teaching. I officially start student teaching tomorrow. In the state of Oregon you need to pass student teaching (among other things) to be able to apply for your licence to teach. Although that requires me to not to murder myself over my special education class that I have this term. It looks as if it is going to be an introduction to special education which none of us has EVER taken before...cant you tell!?! But student teaching should be a breeze as long as I get enough sleep.

Well, its time to hit the sack so I can get up nice and early to get ready for the second day of the rest of my life. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Eric said...

I think you'll do just fine with your Seattle interview. Good luck all the same, though!