Monday, October 09, 2006

E-Portfolio Class

Today as I sat in my E-portfolio class I wonder, how will life be in 20, 30 or even 50 years when the children I am teaching today become adults, parents, grandparents... Today we looked at a website called Secondlife. Aprently its this entire uinverse that is totally virtual. I feel so far behind already because this entire world lerks out there and I have no clue. The issue is, that like many other things, who really has the time or energy to live two lives, one real and one in secondlife.

When it comes to technology in educaiton, program such as second life, are taking over and being talked about as the next best thing. It is so hard for me to believe this and feel that it is important to an elementary school's curriculum. I feel like this class is geared toward high school and college rather than elementary. I believe no matter how technologically advanced any society becomes, elementary school is elementary school. It should be taught in a big classroom with lots of colors, personal one on one attention and so much more.

I guess I just want to learn the basics, a website with my portfolio on it, a portfolio I can put onto a cd. That's all I am loking for, yet I know what should go into a portfolio, I know why we should do portfolios yet I cant make one yet!!!

No comments: