Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Going Crazy...

Happy Valentines Day to all of you out there that actually celebrate. I am alone this Valentines Day... that's right. ALONE!!! Not that I'm single again, I am just physically alone.. poor boy is in Portland while I am stuck here in Eugene. It will be a sad day, but I can always look down at the pretty hanging around my neck. My 1/5Th of a carat necklace from Eric and know that he would be here if he could. He'll be down this weekend so I am excited.

As for school, it's going well. The kids are great and I love teaching. I am enjoying my teaching, it seems that I am making progress with some of the kids which is the best thing. My only wish is that my teacher allow me to fully take over and not step in as much. I think that she sees the noise level going up from the side and does not let me handle it. I think that it is giving the students a mixed message with her still stepping in and kind of takes away my authority... but that's just me. I realize that they are getting louder and most of the time I am OK with a little chatter but some of it might be that I am working so much individually with some kids that I don't have time to see what else is going on. I think that I can develop this is she points it out to me rather than just stop the entire show. We shall see...she will be gone three of four days next week so I am excited to see what becomes of the class when she's not here.

On a side note, I think it is interesting that every time I walk them down the hall making sure they are in a quite straight line that they seem to earn a class point from another teacher. Why is that? O, wait I remind them the entire time we are walking that they should be in a straight line and not talking. Straight line and not talking is what earns points around this school.... the more points the more free time we get, or pajama day or something.

Progress is happening slowly around here. Gotta love it.

No NYC update as of yet. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: