Thursday, January 10, 2008

Been a while

I know it's been a while.. for those loyal readers...I am sorry. Its been busy getting back to school and the swing of things.

School is...fine... kids are nutz and driving (or pushing) me in the same direction. It is state testing time here in the great state of NY so the kids are a little off. When you spend an hour to an hour and a half taking a test in the morning, computer time is not a time you want to sit and be quiet...even for five minutes apparently. I don't remember state tests being this guarded in Oregon last year, especially since they were on computers and we all took them at different times. These tests are almost as guarded as the tests I took on college to become a teacher. Its crazy... gotta love high stakes testing.

As for the home front... Eric got an internship! It is a three month internship in Seattle, WA. The company pushed it from 20 to 40 hours a week so he can actually afford to live in Seattle... if he doesn't find someone to crash with. It is a very exciting time bc this is all he needs to actually propel him into a career in marketing. The company (no idea of the name) is a SMALL company, with about 10 employees and services as a type of consulting firm (I think) and they said any interns that they have not directly hired have gone on to get jobs with their clients. So that's promising. As for actually living in Seattle... we shall see if he likes it.

Nothing else really major happening in the Annie world. I should probably get to work on some stuff for next week. Have a great day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.